Computer Lab Assistant
Apply Online Now!
Reports to: The Beacon Designated Staff, Volunteer Coordinator
Located: Second Floor Computer Lab
- Comfortable with technology
- A working knowledge of how to locate resources in Madison, how to find employment opportunities and job training programs
- Keep Job Board updated with current opportunities
- Help locate transportation options
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Any general trouble-shooting knowledge, or willingness to make calls and work through issues with offsite IT Staff remotely over the phone.
- Patience, understanding and the ability to coach/teach people with a wide range of abilities in a respectful way.
- Greet each guest with a friendly attitude
- Assign guests to computers, keep track of sign in and out times if there are people waiting to get in so no one goes over maximum usage time.
- Help guests research resources
- Help guests with online applications and other items as needed
- Answer questions about the day resource center, help connect people to services.
- Organize and stocking the computer desk area with appropriate items.
- Help guests print out things they need-i.e. applications, resumes, program information
Training for Position:
- Orientation, including resource access training (done by Volunteer Coordinator & Center Director)
- Protecting God’s Children (done by CC Human Resources Staff)
- On-the-job training with Volunteer Coordinator
- Additional voluntary continuing training is available 3x monthly