The Beacon Greeter
Apply Online Now!
Reports to: Reception Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator
Located: First Floor near back entrance
- Patience, and a friendly demeanor
- The ability to recognize faces and names
- To be observant and have a helpful nature
- Loves to work with people
- Greet each guest with a friendly attitude
- Sign in guests on computer system
- Assist with new guest intakes as directed by Reception Coordinator
- Alert guests to appointment times upstairs and escort to appointments
- Help locate transportation options
- Orient new guests to the day center and explain how the facilities work, when meals are served, what special programming is available.
- Answer questions about the day resource center, help connect people to services and Guest Specialists.
- Keep paper announcements and bulletins posted up-to-date and also keep TV monitor announcement current.
- Assist Reception Coordinator as needed with copying, organizing and stocking the desk area with appropriate items.
Training for Position:
- Orientation, including resource access training (done by Volunteer Coordinator & Center Director)
- Protecting God’s Children (done by CC Human Resources Staff)
- On-the-job training with Volunteer Coordinator
- Additional voluntary continuing training is available 3x monthly